9/29/2009

Things you shouldn't spend your money or time on

I've often been torn over whether or not to support actors and directors who brazenly express opinions with which I vehemently disagree. On one hand, I don't want to validate them financially by paying to see their movies, which is admittedly an action I'd take just for the principle and unlikely to affect any change. On the other hand, they're entitled to their opinions, and once I go down that path there's a good chance I'd never watch television, see a movie, read or book or listen to a song again.

But now there's a case where I don't have to think twice about it. Rape is bad. Rape of a child is worse. Publicly defending a rapist for whatever reason (unless you're his attorney, in which case it's your duty) is equally disgusting. That said, I strongly encourage anyone who's outraged over Roman Polanski walking free for all these years or those in Hollywood defending him to stop wasting their time by supporting their products. Those include, but are not limited to:

-Anything involving Roman Polanski(obviously)
-Anything by Harvey Weinstein
-Anything by Mike Medavoy
-Anything to do with Mark Urman of
Paladin films.

That's just a short list. Big Hollywood offers something a little more comprehensive.

UPDATE: Let's add Whoopi "it wasn't rape-rape" Goldberg to the list.

No comments: